Privacy & FAQs




Your Privacy is Our Priority

OCHousecalls, Inc.'s Confidentiality and Privacy Statement

OC Housecalls, Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary information according to existing laws and standards. We carefully avoid unwarranted invasion or disclosure of patients' privacy. We collect information about the patient's medical condition to provide the best possible care. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy and security laws and regulations, including the applicable aspects of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).

To ensure that we protect our patients' rights to privacy, the following guidelines apply:

    1. Access to Protected Health Information (PHI) is limited to those permitted by law.
    2. Maintaining computer passwords and access codes in a responsible and confidential manner.
    3. Ensure that patient information is not discussed in any public area.
    4. Report violation of confidentiality breaches to the designated Privacy Officer or others in the chain of command.


+ expand all

We accept private Medicare, most PPO's, hospice and private pay. To qualify for home care, patients must meet the Medicare definition of “homebound”. A patient is considered homebound if leaving the home would require a considerable and taxing effort and if the patient has a condition due to illness or injury which restricts the ability to leave the residence except with the aid of supportive devices, the use of special transportation, the assistance of another person, or if the patient has a condition such that leaving the home is medically contraindicated.

An example of a qualifying patient would be someone who has limited mobility, is bed-bound or only able to walk short distances, especially if they require the use of a front-wheel walker or wheelchair; or a patient with Dementia, psychiatric or emotional instability who would require the assistance of another person to get to the doctor’s office.

Yes, you would still be allowed to see your regular doctor on a intermittent basis, however, most patients choose to have Dr. Adrig assume the role of the primary care doctor.
Yes, you would still be allowed to see your specialists. Dr. Adrig can communicate regularly with your specialist and manage the care that a specialist prescribes, if needed.

PPO insurance typically covers 100% of the cost. However, Medicare only covers 80% of a house call visit . Patients, or their secondary PPO insurance, are responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, you may be billed for applicable deductibles and co-pays.
The cost is typically $150 to $350, depending on the complexity of the visit and whether the patient is new or established. Dr. Adrig also accepts private payment for her services.
Please see Territory Covered information in the Services Page (Click here)
Although Dr. Adrig is on the medical staff at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach and Irvine, she utilizes the expertise of the Pacific Hospitalists Associates (PHA) to ensure your optimal care while in the hospital. PHA has been a leader in the Southern California hospitalist movement since 1996 and they specialize in the care of the hospitalized patient. Dr. Adrig would keep in close contact with the PHA team during your hospital stay.